The Chemistry Department Diversity & Inclusion Action Committee (DIAC) is composed of engaged faculty, graduate students, and undergraduates, addressing issues of inclusion, diversity, and community. The DIAC meets monthly, and all are welcome to attend our meetings.
Faculty Committee Members, Academic Year 2017-18
- Brenda Rubenstein, Assistant Professor
- Suzanne Rudnicki, Adjunct Lecturer
- Matthew Zimmt, Professor
Contact Us: Chem-DIAC@brown.edu
The Department has created an Anonymous Climate Form designed to gather anonymous feedback from the broader Chemistry Department community regarding incidents of bias within the department, including but not limited to microaggressions and other behaviors perceived to be demeaning to others on the basis of gender, race, or sexual identity or unwanted sexual advances. Responses will be used to gauge the climate within the department and to shape department policy. To view this form or provide feedback, please follow the above link.
- Undergraduate REU and Funding Opportunities
- Graduate Research Fellowship Programs
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE)
- The Science Center
- Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion at Brown
- Society for Advancing Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS), Brown Chapter
- Minority Association of Pre-Health Studies (MAPS), Brown Chapter
- OXIDE: Open Chemistry Collaborative in Diversity Equity