Welcome to Brown University!
To ensure full expense reimbursement, guests of Brown must follow the university's travel policy. Please contact your visit coordinator with any questions — we are happy to help!
Guests travel to Brown by way of T.F. Green Airport in Providence or Logan Airport in Boston, depending on flight availability.
- Please book coach or economy class tickets. Brown University does not reimburse the full cost of business or first-class travel.
- If traveling to Providence: taxis will be available for transportation to your hotel.
If traveling to Boston: public ground transportation to Providence is readily available by:
- Amtrak to the Providence train station
- MBTA via the silver line and Providence/Stoughton line to the Providence train station
- Taxis will be available at the train station for transportation to your hotel.
Guests travel to the Providence train station, located just a few miles away from the Brown campus.
- Please book a coach or business-class ticket. Brown does not reimburse the full cost of first-class travel.
- Taxis will be available for transportation to Brown.
Rental of a compact or mid-size sedan is reimbursable when transportation by air or train is not readily available. If you do rent a car:
- Please provide justification for auto rental to your visit coordinator.
- Insurance purchased through the rental agency is reimbursable.
- Luxury vehicles are not reimbursable.
Personal automobile travel is reimbursable when the cost is less than or equal to coach class air travel (using the 21-day advance fare air ticket pricing) or rail travel. Travelers will be reimbursed at the Federal Government’s prevailing rate per mile.
Meal expenses incurred during your travel to Brown are reimbursable. The Department of Chemistry does not reimburse alcoholic beverage expenses.
When submitting receipts for reimbursement, please fill out the Brown University Supplier Registration Form prior to your visit. We will not be able to complete your reimbursement until this form with your information has been submitted.