- Prepare for the fall Chemistry placement exam.
- Refresh and expand your introductory chemistry knowledge.
- Get feedback about your level of preparation.
- Get a head start for the fall.
- Do it all online and at your own pace.
CHEM0100-web is a free online tutorial that helps incoming first-year students review general chemistry. It covers stoichiometry, atomic and molecular structure, chemical bonding, solutions, chemical reactions, and thermochemistry.
Summer CHEM00100-web does not exempt students from taking the Chemistry placement exam. The program can help you prepare for the placement exam. The alternative is to take CHEM0100, a semester-long class offered during the fall, then take CHEM0330 in the spring semester.
This tutorial is cost-free and is appropriate for students of all backgrounds.
Registration for CHEM0100-web 2018 opens June 15 and closes August 15.
- Press on the link "Register for Summer 2018 Chem100 web"
- Sign in using your Brown user name and password
- In 24 hours you will have access to the course in Canvas (canvas.brown.edu).
- Log into Canvas with your Brown username and password.
- If you need assistance with your username or password, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Chem.100-web, please email Professor Sandra Russo-Rodriguez.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is CHEM100-web tutorial taken for a grade or class credit? No, the tutorial is for the students' benefit and will assist in preparing for the Chemistry placement exam.
2. Does taking the CHEM100 web tutorial replace taking a semester of chemistry or the chemistry placement exam? No, the CHEM100 tutorial is not for credit or for a grade. Students must take the chemistry placement exam.
3. Are there exams or quizzes in the CHEM100 tutorial? Yes, there are quizzes and exams. The Canvas program automatically grades your quizzes but the grades are not used in your placement in a chemistry course. Students should complete the quizzes and exams to keep track of their progress. It is a good idea to aim for 70% on the first four unit exams.
4. If you have technical issues in attempting to log in or access the Canvas site, please contact email@example.com