The mission of the Chemistry Department Stockroom is to provide the University with a convenient, user-friendly and affordable system of accessing the materials needed to allow continuous research efforts.
- To make a STOCKROOM purchase, you must visit the Chemistry Department Stockroom in GeoChem 216 and complete the order form on the computers located there.
FOR CHEMISTRY PERSONNEL ONLY:
- To make a BLANKET ORDER purchase, please complete our online ordering form NOTE: functionality ONLY using Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari. Firefox will NOT work.
- For EXPRESS SHIPMENTS, please click here to download an Express Shipping Form IMPORTANT: This form is required for ALL express shipping packages being sent from the Chemistry Department e.g. UPS, FedEx. Please print and sign this form and bring to Allen Sylvia, Stockroom Coordinator, in GC 216 when complete. Please be sure to fill out the form completely and sign. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. The business purpose must provide justification for how shipment-related expenses pertain to the account being charged. If you are sending a chemical or sample for analysis, please be sure to fill out EHS paperwork in advance.
- View our chemical inventory and tracking procedures.
The stockroom is located in room 216 of the GeoChem Building. The address is 324 Brook Street, Providence, RI 02912.
Phone: 401-863-1025; 401-863-3102
The stockroom is open daily from 8:30am to 5:00pm and from 8:00am to 4:00pm during the summer months. It is closed during all University Holidays. After hours access to the chemistry stockroom requires key card access.
- Eric Friedfeld, Technical Services Manager, is responsible for the management of the chemistry stockroom, department purchasing, building issues and safety issues. Room GC 221, 401-863-3179.
- Allen Sylvia, Stockroom Coordinator, is responsible for the daily operations of the chemistry stockroom, shipping and receiving and inventory management. Room GC 216, 401-863-3102.
- Robert Wilson, Stockroom Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for the day to day purchasing and account reconciling for chemistry researchers. Room 216A, 401-863-1025.