The Brown University Chemistry Stockroom is a self-serve stockroom available 24/7 for the Brown Community. It maintains an inventory of over 900 items including: chemicals, glassware, dry ice, liquid nitrogen and other scientific supplies. It is available for the Brown University research and teaching community only.
- To make a STOCKROOM purchase, you must visit the Chemistry Department Stockroom in GeoChem 216 and complete the order form on the computers located there.
- To make a BLANKET ORDER purchase, please complete our online ordering form
- To make a NON-BLANKET ORDER purchase, please download and complete the .PDF form and return to Robert Wilson, GC-216
- For EXPRESS SHIPMENTS, please click here to download an Express Shipping Form IMPORTANT: This form is required for ALL express shipping packages being sent from the Chemistry Department i.e. UPS, FedEx. Stockroom Coordinator, Allen Sylvia, will handle shipping of any material packages. Please print and sign this form and bring to Allen in GC 216 when complete. Document/letter shipments are handled by the departmental administrative assistants. Please be sure to fill out the form completely and sign. Especially important are the "account #" field, the "business purpose" field and the "shipping contents" field. Please be as detailed as possible. If the shipment is for a return, please provide RMA# given by vendor. If the receiving company is paying the shipping, please provide their shipping account #. If you are sending a chemical or sample for analysis, please be sure to fill out EHS paperwork in advance. This form can be found here.
- For chemical inventory and tracking procedures click here.
The mission of the Chemistry Department Stockroom is to provide the University with a convenient, user-friendly and affordable system of accessing the materials needed to allow continuous research efforts.
The stockroom is located in room 216 of the Geo-Chem Building. The address is 324 Brook Street, Providence, RI 02912.
Phone: 401-863-1025; 401-863-3102
The stockroom is open daily from 8:30am to 5:00pm and from 8:00am to 4:30pm during the summer months. It is closed during all University Holidays. After hours access to the chemistry stockroom requires key card access.
- Eric Friedfeld, Technical Services Manager, is responsible for the management of the chemistry stockroom, department purchasing, building issues and safety issues. Room GC 221, 401-863-3179.
- Allen Sylvia, Stockroom Coordinator, is responsible for the daily operations of the chemistry stockroom, shipping and receiving and inventory management. Room GC 216, 401-863-3102.
- Robert Wilson, Stockroom Purchasing Assistant is responsible for the day to day purchasing and account reconciling for chemistry researchers. Room 216A, 401-863-1025.