Thinking about taking time off? Not sure where to start? Check out the resources and websites below, and stop by the CRC for further guidance.
A compilation of resources from other pages and our archives.
- List of point people – A helpful list of Brown staff to talk to, both before and after your leave.
- OSSS Medical Leave Website – Student Support Service’s website about medical leave, including statistics, resources, and FAQ.
- Pre-leave Powerpoint
- Brown’s Official Pre-Leave Checklist (see bottom of page)
- Leavetaking Reflection Worksheet – A worksheet to help you reflect and write out your thoughts about taking leave.
Returning From Leave
- Returning from leave Powerpoint – For students on leave considering a return.
- Brown’s Official Return From Leave Checklist (see bottom of page)
- Leavetaking Financial Aid Guide – FAQ about how to navigate leave and financial aid.
- Housing FAQ 2019- FAQ about navigating the ResLife on/off campus process for returned leavetakers. Organized by semester level and the season (Fall/Spring) that you are returning/seeking particular housing. Last updated April 2019
Stories, News, Statistics
- OSSS Medical Leave Blog – For personal stories and information about medical leave.
- Fall 2018 Leavetaking Survey – Data from our survey of students newly returned to Brown in Fall 2018.
- Fall 2019 Leavetaking Survey – Data from our survey of students newly returned to Brown in Fall 2019.
Work, Volunteer, and Abroad Resources
Work, Volunteer, and Internship Databases
Opportunities in the United States
Opportunities in Rhode Island
Check out this self-reflection tool from Careers in the Common Good.