What is Advising?
At Brown, you are the architect of your undergraduate education. As you navigate the Open Curriculum and consider the various options and pathways, you are not alone! Building your advising network begins in your first year, and we hope you will explore Brown's array of academic advising resources, some of which are depicted in this infographic. Hyperlinks to the infographic icons are listed below:
- Meiklejohn peer advisor (for first-years)
- Matched Advising Program for Sophomores
- Departmental Undergraduate Groups
Build Your Network
- Randall sophomore advisors (faculty dedicated to sophomores)
- Academic advising deans (open hours & list of responsibilities)
- Faculty Advising Fellows (hosts programs for all students)
- Curricular Resource Center for Peer Advising (gateway for information on the array of advising resources); look out for our First-Year Fridays, other study breaks, and check our our "Dear CRCers:" advice column in our weekly e-newsletter!