If you do not meet the guidelines for the Committee Letter but are otherwise prepared for the application process and meet all appropriate deadlines, Health Careers Advising can provide you with our Credential Service to hold and send out your individual letters of recommendation for application to medical or other health profession schools. This option is typically the best fit for alumni 3 to 5 years after Brown graduation who have not gone to a graduate or Post-Baccalaureate program. If well-prepared, applicants using our Credential Service, which includes a summary of their major accomplishments, have been successful in the application process.
Prior to submitting any materials to Health Careers Advising, applicants should make an appointment to speak with Dean Vassilev either in person or on the phone. The credential service is not available to applicants who do not meet all guidelines and deadlines. It is also not the right fit for applicants who are attending post-baccalaureate or Special Master Programs whose role is to provide an academic boost and offer application-specific guidance and support.
You will need to submit the following to our office by July 3 2020:
- One copy of the Health Careers Advising Dossier (HCAD) on paper and via email to [email protected].
- A formal photo of yourself (email jpeg with your nameas the title to [email protected])
- List of Recommenders and Waiver Form (Form 2) (use an additional form if you are submitting more than three recommendation letters—5 letters limit)
When your AMCAS or other application is processed please submit the followingto our office:
- A processed hard copy of you AMCAS (or other) Application with the processing date clerly noted. Do not submit your hard copy unitl it has been processed.
- A PDF of your processed AMCAS (or other) Application emailed to [email protected]
- For thoser applying through AMCAS- a copy of the AMCAS Letter Request form found in the Letter of Recommendation Section of AMCAS on paper or via email sent to [email protected]
- A signed and dated copy of your Mailing Form (Form 5). No faxes. Emails are acceptable.
- Fee Payment of $50.00. Current students may pay by check or can have the fee charged to their student account. Alumni must pay by check. If you are granted a few waiver from AMCAS or other application system, provide a copy and we will gladly waive the Brown $50.00 fee.
If you do not qualify for the Committee letter or the Credential Service, we will be glad to offer advising for your academic and professional planning. Students and alumni who do not use Health Careers Advising for their application to health careers schools may benefit from establishing an account with Interfolio to hold letters of recommendation on their behalf.