Required Alcohol Misuse and Abuse and Sexual Assault Prevention Courses
July 21st, 2017
Dear incoming students,
One of our goals at Brown is to provide students with diverse and engaging opportunities for health and wellness education/empowerment. This year we have partnered with EverFi to help students address critical life skills such as prevention of alcohol misuse and abuse and sexual assault. As a beginning to this journey, you are required to complete AlcoholEdu and Haven. We want you to engage with this programming before arriving at Brown so that you are prepared to make well-informed decisions about issues that will affect your college years and beyond. Additionally, at Brown we hold the expectation that community members will look out for one another: “It is expected that an individual’s personal integrity will be reflected not only in honest and responsible actions but also in a willingness to offer direction to others whose actions may be harmful to themselves or the community.” Failure to complete these courses will result in a hold being placed on your registration.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
- You are required to complete AlcoholEdu and Haven. We urge you to access all courses so they are added to your EverFi dashboard before beginning any of the content.
- Always sign in at: http://brown.edu/go/AlcoholEduHaven
- Complete Part 1 of AlcoholEDU and Haven by 8/22/17
- After 45 days you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEDU and Haven, which must be completed by 10/25/17
- Login problems? Visit the Computing and Information Services help desk at https://it.brown.edu/get-help to submit a ticket or call 401-863-4357.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities. If you do not have internet, please check out available sites in your local community (I.E. Town library).
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser released within the previous two years.
- You may take the courses in multiple sittings.
- The courses may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.
Thank you for being an important part of keeping Brown's campus safe and supportive for everyone. Enjoy the courses!
Sincerely, The Advising Team at Brown and the Orientation Planning Committee
 Code of Student Conduct at Brown University, Principles of the Brown University Community, p.1
©2014 EverFi, Inc. Company ConfidentialThis message was sent via ASK: Advising Sidekick