Final Summer Email
August 18th, 2017
Today is our last summer communication to you before we welcome you here in person! As you prepare for your arrival, make sure to review the Orientation schedule so you are aware of all the events that have been planned to help in your transition.
Orientation Schedule through Guidebook As you know, the 2017 Orientation schedule is always available on the Orientation website.
You can also download the Brown University Guides app on your smartphone. After Monday, August 21, you will be able to view Orientation 2017. You can find it by scrolling left or right, or using the search function. Review the events under the following categories and add to your schedule:
- General Orientation: All of the many social and educational programs offered.
- Foundations & Values: Mandatory for all new undergraduates. Take note that some sessions are repeated, and you are assigned to a particular session by your residential Unit.
- Pre-Orientation: If you are participating in International Orientation or a Pre-Orientation program, go to the Pre-Orientation section and select your program.
There are also Orientation events geared towards families, and those can be found in the app under Parents & Families. This information can also be found on the Orientation website.
Essential Information You can now view your advisors and mandatory academic meetings in ASK. Select Incoming Students/Orientation in the top bar, then Essential Information on the left menu.
Good luck with packing and travels! If you have any questions or concerns, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 401-863-9800.
- August 22
- Mandatory Alcohol Misuse and Sexual Assault Prevention Courses*
- August 31
- Recommended online workshop - 1stYear@Brown
Sincerely, The Advising Team at Brown
*Students who do not complete mandatory items will not be able to register for courses when registration opens at 7 pm on Tuesday, September 5.
This message was sent via ASK: Advising Sidekick