We were thrilled to receive over 90 submissions for this year's Study Abroad Photo Contest! The photos brought back so many fond memories for many of you and reminded us how impactful study abroad can be.
- Most Epic Selfie: Rachel Wang, University of Edinburgh, S20
- Favorite Place: Kaitlyn Cook, DIS Copenhagen, F19
- Living Like a Local: Zeinab Kante, CASA Granada, S20
If you studied abroad between Fall 2019 – Spring 2020, enter your photos in the OIP Study Abroad Photo Contest!
Win a fun prize and earn some bragging rights! There will be three lucky winners selected. Winners will be notified by email and announced on the OIP website and social media the week after voting occurs. Photos will be displayed on the OIP website and the OIP Facebook and Instagram pages. Select photos may be used in future Brown OIP Study Abroad promotional materials.
Voting for Fan Favorites starts on the OIP Facebook page on Monday morning, November 23, and runs through 5 p.m. EST on Sunday, November 29!
Prizes: Fujifilm Instax Mini Instant Camera - for the Fan Favorite with the most OIP Facebook “likes” in each category below.
Select your best photos that fit into one of the following categories:
Favorite Place — Share one image that best exemplifies the beauty of the place where you studied or traveled: A breathtaking landscape or cityscape; A scene from street life; A spot you’ll never forget.
Most Epic Selfie — Photo(s) should be of you showing off your host city.
Living Like A Local — Photos of culture and identity. Photos can include you engaging with local culture, eating local cuisine, interacting with residents, or participating in cultural events and activities or holidays.
Rules and Submission Guidelines
- Tell your story! Each entry should contain the following information: 1) Location of photograph (city/country) 2) A short (1-3 sentences) description of the photograph 3) Photo contest category 4) Study Abroad program attended.
- You may submit up to three (3) entries total.
- Entries from travel outside of your host country are acceptable.
- Photos must be yours. Do not use other people’s photos or plagiarize.
- Photo content must be appropriate — do not submit photos that feature excessive alcohol, any drugs or related paraphernalia, or sexual content.
- All photos must be submitted by Friday, November 20, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- By entering the contest, you are giving Brown University and the OIP permission to use your photo(s) and other information/comments submitted in various marketing activities, publications, and/or the web for the purpose of promoting study abroad at Brown University. All photos, not just winning photos, may be used by Brown University and the OIP for the purposes noted above.
For more information, contact [email protected]