2016 WALKING TOURS
The best way to get to know any city is by walking its streets and meeting its people.
The Swearer Center for Public Service has organized a menu of tours at the start of the academic year to introduce you to neighborhoods, community organizations, culture, politics and history of Providence. Many tours will emphasize the relationship between Brown and the community of Providence, showing the myriad ways in which the two have, and indeed still do, influence one another.
Please sign up for your tour preference, since space is limited. Each tour will last approximately 90 minutes.
Important information - please read:
- Space is limited so you may not get your first choice. However, every effort will be made to fit you into your desired tour.
- Note the meeting place for your tour. All tours will begin and end at this location.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before departure time.
- Please bring your Brown ID – some tours will include bus riding as well as walking.
- In case of rain, call 863-5456 for status of the tours.
Full Schedule Coming Soon!
September 10 at 1pm
College Hill and the International Slave Trade
The History of Providence and its Rebirth through Arts and Higher Education
Education in Providence: From Hope High School to Brown University