Who are Academic Coaches?
Academic Coaches are trained junior, senior, or graduate students who are eager to help support you along your academic journey. If you are looking for more individualized support or someone to help keep you accountable, you might consider requesting an Academic Coach.
What is Academic Coaching?
Academic Coaching is a service offered by Brown Academic Support Services where students have the opportunity to work with one of our coaches on a one-on-one basis. Our coaches cover a wide range of disciplines, including the humanities, social sciences, and STEM fields, and work with any student free of charge.
These one-on-one sessions enable students to:
- Develop individualized study habits, test-taking skills, and plans for assignments,
- Enhance broader academic skills including time management, course selection, and much more
- Discuss and explore self-care and wellness strategies that will help them to stay healthy while they study at Brown
- Discuss academic choices such as concentration selection, working with an advisor and faculty members
- Reflect upon their academic goals, personal aspirations, and values as they relate to their academic experience at Brown
- Find the right resources at Brown to enhance their academics and time at Brown
- Stay motivated and focused on their academic and extracurricular activities
By developing individualized strategies to study effectively and overcome setbacks, we promote resiliency and growth in the classroom and beyond.