- The 2020 Carnegie Community Engagement Voluntary Classification fee will be $750.00.
- The official announcement of the 2020 cycle and application framework will be released on January 15, 2018.
- Applications will be available on May 1, 2018
- The application deadline will be April 15, 2019
- Campus will be notified in December 2019.
- Public announcement of the classified campuses will occur in January 2020.
For the 2020 classification, campuses that have not previously received the classification will need to submit an application using what is referred to as the “first-time documentation framework.” A PDF version of the 2015 Documentation Framework, to be used for planning purposes only, is available here. There is also a guide attached to this version to assist institutions in the documentation planning process. There will be a few minor revisions to the framework for 2020; the new documentation framework will be available in January 2018.
For the 2020 classification, institutions that received the classification in 2010 and are seeking to retain the classification will be able to re-apply through a reclassification process. A PDF version of the 2015 application for reclassification, to be used for planning purposes only, is available here. There will be a few minor revisions to the framework for 2020; the new documentation framework will be available in January 2018.