The College Advising Corps (CAC) is a full-time AmeriCorps program that seeks to increase the number of first-generation college bound, low-to-moderate income, and underrepresented high school who enter and persist in college and earn bachelor's degrees by placing recent college graduates to serve as full-time College Advisers in underserved schools across Rhode Island. College Advisers provide college application and financial aid guidance to students and their families while fostering a culture of college attendance and higher education in Rhode Island's urban communities.
- This posting is for multiple, full-time College Adviser positions. Positions are contingent upon AmeriCorps and other funding.
- Compensation will include a gross taxable living allowance of $17,000 for the program year, an education award, and health insurance. The living stipend is paid bi-weekly throughout the year.
- The position will begin with 4 weeks of pre-service training. The position requires a commitment of completing one full program year (August through June). Minimum daily hours are 8:00AM to 4:00PM, on average 40 hours per week depending on school and program training schedules.
- This position requires participation in AmeriCorps/State Service activities and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Must be eligible to complete at least one full-time term of AmeriCorps Service (for this position, the term is defined as August 1 through June 30).
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Experience with data collection and reporting a plus.
- Strong interest in providing college access services to youth from low-income families and students who would be first-generation college students.
- Experience working with youth and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Proven ability to organize and manage many tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and excellent quantitative and record-keeping skills.
- Flexibility, creativity, independence, accountability and reliability.
- Application at [email protected]. Position is listed as College Adviser REQ151646. Please follow this link: https://brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/staff-careers-brown/job/College-Adviser_REQ151646-1
- College Advising Corps Supplemental Application Form. Please follow this link: https://goo.gl/forms/LPeqFZPSvBjJi65z1
- Recommendation Form. Please follow this link: https://goo.gl/forms/WonLsU7DOBzsbvef1
Round 1 applications are due by Friday February 8, 2019; interviews for compelling applicants will be scheduled during the week of February 18, 2019. Candidates will be notified on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
Round 2 applications are due by Friday April 5, 2019; interviews for compelling applicants will be scheduled during the week of April 15, 2019. Candidates will be notified on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
Candidates notified on rolling basis until positions are filled.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.