• Only full-time faculty from U.S. public and private not-for-profit colleges and universities are eligible for the Award.
• A faculty member who submits tenure materials for review prior to the Lynton Award application deadline is not eligible to apply for the Award.
Lynton Award Nominations:
• Nominations can be made by academic colleagues, administrators, students, and community partners. Each nominator should aim to present a comprehensive account of the nominee’s community-engaged teaching, research, and service, and their integration. To this end, the application provides for the inclusion of the names and affiliations of additional nominators. Further, endorsements from individuals familiar with one or more aspects of the nominee’s work can be included in the supporting documentation.
• In cases in which multiple individuals submit a single application for the nomination of a faculty member, one person should be designated as the primary nominator responsible for completing and submitting the application. Additional nominators can be noted in the appropriate section of the application.
• More than one faculty member from a single college or university may be nominated. Please complete separate applications for each nominee.
• Individuals who have been nominated in previous years can be re-nominated.
Nominators submit nominations via an online application.