The Brown University AmeriCorps VISTA leader supports a cohort of 12 VISTA members by:
- Providing training and professional development.
- Coordinating VISTA member events.
- Assisting with VISTA member recruitment.
- Working with the VISTA program supervisor on project management tasks.
In addition, benefits available to the Brown University AmeriCorps VISTA Leader include, but are not limited to:
- Biweekly Living Allowance
- End-of-Service Education Award
- Healthcare Benefit
- Free Rhode Island bus access
- Travel allowance
- Reduction of Education Costs
- Professional Development
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) Status
- Childcare (if eligible)
For more information, please visit the VISTA Leader web page.
Eligible candidates for the Brown University AmeriCorps VISTA Leader will be:
- A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- A college graduate (a minimum of a Bachelor’s)
- Prior experience with AmeriCorps or Peace Corps
- Demonstrated ability to effectively provide guidance, support, and feedback to others.
- Experience in event planning or volunteer management is preferred.
- Basic computer skills required, including proficiency in Google suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills