The Presidential Scholars Program (PSP) is a cohort-based program that brings high-achieving students from lower-and-middle-income families to Brown. The program provides scholars with research opportunities, resources and experiences that let them realize their full academic potential.
Presidential Scholars are selected to the program at the time of their admission to Brown. Students who enter the program will move into one of two tracks: “Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics” (STEM) and “Social Science & Humanities” (SSH). Participation in the program will provide scholars with access to resources and opportunities that support their academic success.
- An engaging orientation experience prior to beginning the first year
- Two summer earnings waivers that make summer research possible
- A paid summer research opportunity after the first and second years of college
- Regular programming (forums, study sessions, advising, excursions, lunches, etc.) that exposes Scholars to faculty, alumni and other academic and practitioners in their fields of interest
- Mentoring and interactions between Scholars and more senior undergraduate members of the program, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows