The Presidential Scholars Program connect students with faculty, postdoctoral, graduate and peer mentors. Students meet with a mentor on a weekly basis. This is an opportunity for students to discuss their academic and personal experiences. Students will also engage in group mentoring activities with other students, staff, and faculty members.
Mentors will be assigned based on scholar's research and academic interest.
Mentoring activities may include:
- Discussing research interests/preferences, and placements.
- Providing professional development activities such as career/educational counseling.
- Providing guidance in effective writing for publications and presentations at conferences and meetings.
- Providing opportunities to attend seminars or symposiums.
- Providing guidance on how to collaborate effectively with researchers