The Program in Early Cultures is presently accepting funding requests for summer 2022 and for the academic year 2022-23. Our deadline is: April 15. Our support targets the study of pre-modern cultures and societies through any academic discipline. Please keep in mind that PEC accepts requests twice yearly: April and October.
Ad Hoc Grants for Students
- Intended to support work undertaken during the summer recess, or unexpected needs arising during the academic year. Proposals are welcome for: research related travel, online course instruction, language learning or tutoring, purchase of books, software, or other equipment needed for your research.
- Grants typically range from $300-$500.
- Requests for more significant funding will be considered, particularly those directed toward organizing and hosting relevant workshops or conferences.
Requests from Post-Doctoral Fellows are also welcome.
Funding for Faculty
- Intended to support relevant projects and events, including course-related programming, conference support, and graduate course development.
- PEC will also consider larger proposals for programming developed by two or more faculty from different units, for one semester or a full year, to run a larger scale, theme-related program involving regular seminars, speakers, small or large conference support, special events support, performances, exhibits. In such a situation, in addition to funding, faculty directors may request course relief.
We will give preference to projects with strong comparative themes.
Please send the following items via email to [email protected]:
- A short descriptive paragraph
- A summary budget
- A CV (graduate students and post-docs, only)
- A note of support from your advisor or DGS (students only).
Visit the Program in Early Cultures website for additional information and descriptions of recent grantees' projects.