The Program in Early Cultures is presently accepting funding requests for summer 2021, and for the academic year 2021-22. Our deadline is: April 23. Please keep in mind that PEC accepts requests twice yearly: April and October.
Funding for Faculty
- Intended to support relevant projects and events, including course-related programming, conference support, and graduate course development.
- PEC will also consider larger proposals for programming developed by two or more faculty from different units, for one semester or a full year, to run a larger scale, theme-related program involving regular seminars, speakers, small or large conference support, special events support, performances, exhibits. In such a situation, in addition to funding, faculty directors may request course relief.
- Typically $500-$1500 for course support and events; $1000-$5000 for conferences.
- Requests from Post-Doctoral Fellows will also be considered.
- We will give preference to projects with strong comparative themes.
Send the following items via email to [email protected]:
- A short descriptive paragraph
- A summary budget
Questions? Contact Sara Wintz for additional information and assistance completing your application.