Faculty members are encouraged to apply for Program in Early Cultures funds to help support relevant projects and events, including:
- Course-related programming
- Graduate course development ($1,000-$3,000)
- Conference support (normally $2,000-$5,000; larger requests will be considered)
- Public lectures or other community events
- Reading groups
- Student internships
- Graduate student proctorships
PEC will also consider larger proposals for programming developed by two or more faculty from different units, for one semester or a full year. This programming might include: regular seminars, speakers, small or large conference support, special events support, performances, exhibits. In addition to funding, the faculty directors may request course relief.
Applications will be considered twice a year. Apply by April 15 or November 1.
Send the following items via email to [email protected]:
- A short descriptive paragraph
- A summary budget