Grants for Graduate Students
Grants made by the Program in Early Cultures to graduate students are normally top-up funds, intended to supplement other sources of support. PEC grant amounts normally range from approximately $300 to $1000. Requests for larger amounts will be considered, particularly in the case of support for organizing and hosting relevant workshops.
Summer Top-Up Grants for Graduate Students
- PEC Summer Top-Up Grants range between $500-$1000.
- Applications are due by April 30, 2020 or November 1, 2020.
- To view previous recipients of Summer Top-Up Grants, click here.
Ad Hoc Grants for Graduate Students
- PEC Ad Hoc Grants typically range from $300-$500
- Ad Hoc Grant Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Intended to support work undertaken during the summer or winter recess, or unexpected needs arising during the academic year.
Examples of projects for which PEC may offer graduate support include:
- Workshops or Conferences (Requests for more significant funding will be considered)
- Reading group support
- Travel to conferences, if delivering a paper (after other options, including Graduate School and department funding, have been explored or exhausted)*
- Travel to archives or onsite research*
- Summer assistance for purposes such as: language courses, travel related to research*, exam preparation, and dissertation work
*Note: While we cannot provide travel support at this time, we can accept proposals for other kinds of needs such as: online course instruction, language learning or tutoring, purchase of books or other equipment needed for your research, purchasing software or technology needed for your research.
Please send the following items via email to [email protected]:
- A short descriptive paragraph
- A summary budget
- A note of support from your advisor or DGS (students only)
- Your CV (graduate students and post-docs, only).