The Program in Early Cultures is presently accepting funding requests for the academic year 2021-22. Our current deadline is Nov. 1. Please keep in mind that PEC accepts requests twice yearly: spring and fall.
Summer Top-up Grants for Graduate Students
While we cannot provide travel support this summer, we can accept proposals for other kinds of needs such as: online course instruction, language learning or tutoring, purchase of books, software, or other equipment needed needed for your research.
- Typically between $500-$1000
- Applications due April 23.
Ad Hoc Grants for Students
- Intended to support work undertaken during the summer or winter recess, or unexpected needs arising during the academic year.
- Grants typically range from $300-$500
- Requests for more significant funding will be considered, particularly those directed toward organizing and hosting relevant workshops or conferences.
Examples of projects for which PEC may offer graduate support include:
- Workshops or Conferences (Requests for more significant funding will be considered)
- Reading group support
- Summer assistance for purposes such as: language courses, exam preparation, and dissertation work
Please send the following items via email to [email protected]:
- A short descriptive paragraph
- A summary budget
- A CV (graduate students and post-docs, only)
- A note of support from your advisor or DGS (students only).
Questions? Contact Anne Heyrman-Hart for additional information and assistance completing your application.