The East Asian Studies Department is dedicated to keeping students informed of opportunities to advance their Chinese, Japanese, and Korean learning, both on-campus and abroad. Follow the links below for more information.
Internship and Work Opportunities
The Department provides the following information about employment opportunities solely as a service to our students and concentrators, and neither endorses nor has relationships with any of the programs so listed. Students are advised to use common sense, and caution if necessary, when dealing with prospective employers, and to seek the assistance of the Career Development Center for more information.
- The Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) programme
- Teach English in Asia with Aclipse
- Teach English in Shenzhen, China
- Intrax Internships Abroad professional development program
- Reach to Teach Recruiting
- ProWorld internship programs
- Testing and certification information (for those interested in working as an interpreter or translator)
- HSK Chinese language proficiency exam
- World Teach: China Hunan Year and China Summer
- Outside scholarships and fellowships
- EAS summer awards
- Undergraduate Teaching and Research Awards (UTRAs)