The Economics Department encourages every concentrator to complete some kind of capstone project or experience before graduating from Brown, preferably in the senior year. Writing an honors thesis is one way of meeting this requirement. Others are:
- engaging in an independent study course, ECON1970, that is not linked to an honors thesis
- taking an advanced seminar and pursuing an in-depth examination of economic concepts
- writing a substantive research paper for an advanced economics course
- assisting on a faculty research project in a substantive manner, especially during senior year
- a substantive experience as a teaching assistant
- undertaking a non-credit internship or similar project with a strong tie-in to the concentration as ascertained by a faculty member
The deadline to submit the Capstone form is May 1st.