Getting a PhD in Economics
PhD Track Advisor: Jesse Shapiro
A PhD in Economics can prepare one for a career in academia, the government, think tanks, finance or industry. Admissions to PhD programs (especially the top programs) are very competitive and we advise you to be well-prepared. The department’s PhD track advisor has prepared these notes to help you on your way.
The following are former Brown undergraduates who have gone on to PhD programs in recent years. They have agreed to serve as a resource for you if you have questions about the application process or about PhD programs more generally. Please use their time respectfully and try to familiarize yourself with written materials before reaching out to them.
- Motaz Al Chanat (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fatima Aqeel (email@example.com)
- Alex Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jiwon Choi (email@example.com)
- Evan Friedman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chishio Furukawa (email@example.com)
- Chelsea Garber (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yunan Ji (email@example.com)
- Hailey Nguyen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Daniel Prinz (email@example.com)
- Neil Thakral (firstname.lastname@example.org)