Students considering the Standard Economics concentration should review the recommended sequence of courses as they decide what classes to take during their first four semesters.
- Math: Math 0100 (or higher), Econ 0170 (Math for Economists) AP Calculus BC score of 4 or 5, or IB math HL score of 6 or 7.
- Econ 0110, or AP Micro and Macro scores of 4 or higher
- Econ 1110* (or Econ 1130)
- Econ 1210*
- Econ 1620
- Econ 1629 or Econ 1630
- 5 additional 1000-level economics course electives
- If placing out of Econ 0110, an additional 1000-level economics course elective is required (6 1000-level courses altogether)
- Note that Econ 1970 (independent study) cannot be used to meet concentration requirements, but up to two can be used for university credit
*Note that core intermediate classes ECON 1110 and ECON1210 require at least MATH 0060, 0070 or 0090 as a pre-requisite, and that certain advanced economics courses may impose additional mathematical prerequisites.