Learn how the one-year Master of Arts in Teaching program equips future teachers with the tools required to fill the most pressing needs of urban secondary school classrooms in the United States.
Program features include:
- Small cohort size that enables powerful community-building
- Specializations in secondary English Language Arts, History/Social Studies, Mat, and Science
- An immersive 4-week summer experience teaching local students, plus a 1- year residency in a Providence district or charter school
- Culturally responsive teaching that promotes authentic engagement and academic rigor among diverse students
- Generous merit and need-based scholarships up to the full cost of tuition, living stipends, health fees and insurance
Meet current students and faculty to learn about the redesigned program for the 2020-2021 academic year (please note the redesigned program is currently under review by the Rhode Island Department of Education and Brown will offer admissions for the next academic year only after RIDE has approved the new program).
Registration is required. Please register here.