The 5th-Year Master's Degree option allows Brown undergraduates to continue at the University for a master's degree after completing their bachelor's degree. Up to two courses of the eight required for the master's degree may be completed while the student is an undergraduate, but at least six semester courses must be taken while in residence.
Application Requirements for 5th Year Master's Degree
- Application forms (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for forms)
- Personal statement *
- Letters of recommendation (2 are required)
- Transcript **
- GRE scores are not required
- The $75 application fee will be waived for you
Application deadline is May 1st
* The personal statement should outline your background as well as educational and professional objectives. Please tell us how you believe PRIME will help you achieve your goals.
**If you are a student within the School of Engineering, we can access your transcript internally at Brown. If your area of concentration is outside Engineering, please include a copy of your transcript (from Banner) along with your application.
Please apply online and be sure to choose the 5th Year Masters Option.
If you have any questions about the process or would like discuss PRIME in person or sit in on a PRIME class, please contact us: