How do I apply?
PRIME is a program within the School of Engineering and all applications to the Program must be completed online through the Brown University Graduate School.
What items are required in addition to my completed application?
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended or in which you are currently enrolled. Please upload a copy of your transcript to the online application. Please do not mail a hard copy of your transcript when you apply.
- A personal statement outlining your background as well as educational and professional objectives. Please tell us how you believe PRIME will help you achieve these goals.
- Three letters of recommendation by persons well qualified to speak from first-hand knowledge about your potential for graduate study. At least one of these letters should be from someone who can vouch for your abilities in your major area of study.
- GRE Scores (The PRIME program will accept GMAT scores)
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores for all International applicants whose native language is not English
- Please note that PRIME does not require a writing sample.
Can you evaluate of my chances of being admitted to PRIME based upon my undergraduate transcripts, GRE's, TOEFL scores, etc.?
Brown policy does not allow informal evaluation of credentials. To do so would not be fair. We can only evaluate full records that are submitted with a formal application.
Can I apply without paying the admission fee?
Unfortunately, we cannot process applications without an application fee.
What is the deadline for applications?
The deadline for submission of PRIME applications from external applicants is February 1st.
Brown Undergraduates interested in the 5th Year Master's Degree have until
May 1st to submit their application.
How will I know when I have been admitted?
Once your application is complete and all supporting documents are received, the School of Engineering will review your application and will make the decision to admit applicants. The official notification will be sent through the Graduate School.