2016 ENGINEERING CAREER FAIR
Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016
Kasper Multi-Purpose Room, Stephen Robert '62 Campus Center, 75 Waterman Street, Providence, RI
12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Our annual Engineering Fair offers small and large engineering companies an opportunity to meet Brown University undergrad, master's, and Ph.D. students, and faculty members to share information on their organizations, and career opportunities for students studying engineering.
Our fair is a boutique fair, limited to 30 companies total and meant to foster a more engaged experience for companies and students. Our fair emphasizes Brown alumni attendance from particpating companies, which is both effective for engagement but also helpful for students planning their career paths ahead of them.
Students from related areas of strong quantitative and analytical skills including physics, chemistry, applied mathematics, computer science and biology are invited to attend as well. Typically, over 250 students attend this event, with the majority being engineering undergraduate and graduate students.
Employers seeking further Job Fair 2016 details and online registration information should contact Associate Dean Jennifer Casasanto at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Brown Engineering – Why hire us?
- Our education prepares students for any career they can imagine. We have concentrations in mechanical, electrical, biomedical, chemical and biochemical, environmental, materials, and computer engineering, and our students learn mechanics, electronics, design, analysis, fabrication, research, leadership concepts, writing, presentation, entrepreneurship, and more.
- Breadth and depth: our students are trained in critical thinking and lifelong learning from their liberal arts foundation, which they then build on to form a solid understanding engineering principles that gives them the ability to adapt as technology evolves
- Engineering plus something else - our students study engineering, and have the ability to study across other complimentary areas to build nuances into their undergrad training.
- Experiential learning - Our students have hands-on elements in all of their engineering courses, they take their learning beyond the classroom into their sophisticated co-curricular activities, such as building a car or designing a satellite. Our students have an excellent balance of foundational theory and experiential practice.
- Undergrad laboratory experience - our students engage in summer-long or semester long research positions in our faculty labs. They learn and work alongside experts in a range of fields which prepares them for real world complex problems
- Our students are above and beyond collaborative, the Brown learning environment creates a wonderful balance of self-directed learners who are excellent colleagues. Brown students engage, support, and form networks with students and faculty throughout Brown in all that they do.
Logistics Information for Companies
Kasper Multipurpose Room is on the bottom floor of Brown's Stephen Robert '62 Campus Center, at the heart of campus. The address is 75 Waterman Street, Providence, RI.
To get there, enter under the arch in Faunce House (which runs along Waterman Street).
Materials for the Career Fair may be shipped in advance to:
Engineering Career Fair, Attn. A. Walsh
184 Hope St.
Brown University, Barus and Holley
Providence, RI 02912
(We will send a confirmation to all shippers that we have received your boxes on or before Nov. 3rd.)
*note the deadline to ship any materials to us will be Friday, Oct. 28th.
These local hotels may offer discounts to Brown visitors. Please contact the hotel of your choice directly and inquire about the Brown rate when making your reservation.
|Inexpensive $||Moderate $$|
|Hilton Garden Inn »
220 India Street
Providence, RI 02903
|Hilton Providence »
21 Atwells Avenue
Providence, RI 02909
|Hampton Inn & Suites »
58 Weybosset Street
Providence, RI 02903
|Marriott Providence* »
One Orms Street
Providence, RI 02904
|Providence Biltmore »
11 Dorrance Street
Providence, RI 02903
There will be a private company lounge set up as an area for you to make a phone call, check email, and have lunch. Lunch with engineering leadership and faculty will be offered in our company lounge. A boxed lunch will be provided for every company guest. If you have any dietary restrictions please let us know.