Hull Lecture, presented at Swarthmore College, Department of Peace and Conflict Studies, sponsored by President and Provost, November 3, 2017.
Presented at Bocconi University, Milan, Italy. June 20, 2017.
Deliberation and University Governance: The Case of Brown University’s Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan
Presented at Ideas That Matter: A Conference in Honor of the Work and Teaching of Joshua Cohen, Stanford University, January 2017.
- 5th International Social Life Cycle Assessment Conference, T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Harvard University, June 2016.
- Fair Labor Association Board Meeting, June 8, 2016.
- Invernizzi Center for Research on Innovation, Organization, Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy, April 21, 2016..
- SNS, The Center for Business and Policy Studies, Stockholm, Sweden, June 2, 2016.
- New Conversations Project, Cornell University ILR School: Sustainable Labor Practices in Global Supply Chains, October 12, 2015.
Corporate Program Executive Roundtable, Council Foreign Relations, Washington, DC, March 16, 2016.
Panel Member, OECD Roundtable on Due Diligence in the Garment and Footwear Supply Chain, October 1, 2015.
Presented at the Industry Studies Conference, Kansas City, MO, May 28, 2015
Presented at University of Connecticut, Annual Economic and Social Rights Lecture, February 23, 2015.
Presented at ILO/IFC Better Work Program’s Global Buyers Forum, New York City, November 3, 2014.
Faculty in Focus: The Podcast provides a glimpse into the work of some of Brown’s most compelling faculty members. Through interviews with Provost Richard Locke, professors demystify their work and offer insights into what sparked their interest and what continues to drive their curiosity today. It is one of many efforts intended to elevate awareness of the faculty and the work that they’re doing across campus that is making a difference locally and globally.
Future of Work panel session as part of the 10th annual “Reinventing Higher Education” conference, organized though a partnership between Brown and I.E. University. (view)
Inaugural Faculty in Focus Staff Lecture Series, November 8, 2017, cosponsored by the Office of the Provost and President's Staff Advisory Council. WATCH
"Buying With a Conscience"
Keynote address and panel discussion focusing on working conditions at garment factories in Bangladesh. Hosted at the School of Environment, Education and Development, University of Manchester on May 19th, 2014. WATCH