Gerhard Richter and Susan Bernstein have been awarded Faculty Fellowships at the Pembroke Center for Teaching and Research on Women for 2019-20. They will be participating in the Center's Research Seminar ("What is Critique?") led by the Center's director, Professor Suzanne Stewart-Steinberg.
From the Cogut Institute for the Humanities: Jan Tabor has received a Tuition Fellowship for the summer 2019 Cornell University School of Criticism and Theory and Michael Paninski has been awarded a Mellon Graduate Fellowship in Collaborative Humanities. Congratulations to both of them!
We welcome Edith Anna Kunz (University of St. Gallen) as the Max Kade Distinguished Visiting Professor in Fall 2018.
Our graduate students Mirjam Paninski and Jan Tabor were awarded Mellon Graduate Fellowship in Collaborative Humanities at the Cogut Institute for the Humanities.
Congratulations to our recent Ph.D. graduates on their academic appointments:
• Dennis Johannssen (Ph.D. '17) as Visiting Assistant Professor, Lafayette College
• Benjamin Brand (Ph.D. '16) as Visiting Lecturer, University of Pittsburgh
• Michael Powers (Ph.D. ’15) as Visiting Assistant Professor, Reed College
Congratulations also to the seniors who graduated with German Studies as a concentration in 2018:
• Katherine Edgley - AB German Studies, Applied Math
• Erin Gallagher - AB German Studies, Political Science
• Marcus Mamourian - AB German Studies, Comp Lit
• Lily Rockefeller - AB German Studies, Comp Lit