DAAD provides funding for graduate students to complete research in Germany. The Graduate School conducts a pre-selection process of priority candidates in advance of the final DAAD deadline.
Submission Instructions for the DAAD Study Scholarships & Research Grants:
- Brown graduate students must submit a final application through the DAAD online portal.
Internal Brown deadline: October 26
- Once you submit the application electronically, the system will generate a pdf of your complete application.
- Faculty should submit letters of recommendation via the DAAD portal and provide a hard copy of the letter to the student in a signed and sealed envelope. If the faculty member prefers, the hard copy of the letter can be sent directly to Sam Caldis, Academic Affairs Specialist in the Graduate School.
- Once the applicant has the pdf, email a copy of the pdf to Sam Caldis and Barbara Bennett. In addition, please submit the hard copy of the reference letter (in the signed, sealed envelope) to Thomas A. Lewis (Horace Mann 210) or Barbara Bennett (Horace Mann 109). If neither are available to receive it, please bring the materials to Horace Mann 203. The pdf and the hard copy of the letter must be received by October 26.
- If the faculty member has submitted the letter directly to us, the applicant should indicate that in a separate note.
For questions, please contact Thomas A Lewis, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Graduate School.
Submissions for the Short-term Research Grant and applicants in the artistic fields should apply directly through DAAD.