Submission Instructions for DAAD Study Scholarships and Research Grants:
- Brown graduate students must submit the online application directly to DAAD by the November 4 deadline. It is strongly recommended that you submit the application at least a day early. Keep in mind that DAAD's system is based on a European time zone, meaning the application closes early by U.S. standards. DAAD will not accept late applications.
- Once you submit the application electronically, the system will generate a pdf of your complete application.
- The faculty member writing a letter of recommendation should submit the letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a hard copy of the letter to the student in a signed and sealed envelope. If the faculty member prefers, the hard copy of the letter can be sent directly to Thomas A. Lewis, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs in the Graduate School.
- Once the applicant has the pdf, please submit one (1) hard copy of the application and the reference letter (in a signed, sealed envelope) to Thomas A. Lewis (Horace Mann 210) or Barbara Bennett (Horace Mann 109). If neither are available to receive it, please bring the materials to Horace Mann 203.
- If the faculty member has submitted the letter directly to us, the applicant should indicate that in a separate note.
- Submit these materials at the Graduate School no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, November 4.
- Email a copy of the pdf to Thomas_Lewis@brown.edu and Barbara_Bennett@brown.edu
In case of any questions, please contact Thomas A. Lewis, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Graduate School.