Graduate Students are able to submit airfare, conference registration, and prepaid hotel room expenses for reimbursement prior to travel, as long as the receipt indicates a zero balance due. Any expenses that are not fully paid for in advance can be submitted once the student returns from travel (within 30 days). Students submit their documentation to their home program for approval and electronic processing of the reimbursement request to charge cost center code CC30160. Documents must meet the following guidelines:
- Proof of conference presentation (letter of invitation to present or program from the conference with the student’s names and presentation title), or research summary for research travel (one-page summary of research outcomes)
- Travel receipts: all receipts should show proof of payment. Paper receipts must be attached to an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of blank paper to facilitate processing into Workday. Per diem meals are allowed for reimbursement.
- Itineraries from the airline and credit card statements are not sufficient; be sure to print the payment receipts before exiting the airline website.
- A copy of the DGS Approval Form (if applicable).
- Completed travel reimbursement should be submitted no later than 30 days after completion of travel; those submitted after 45 days will not be reimbursed.
- Note: International receipts must include currency converter printouts showing the conversion to USD on the date of the transaction.
If you have questions about the process, please email [email protected].