Graduate Students are able to submit airfare, conference registration, and prepaid hotel room expenses for reimbursement prior to travel, as long as the receipt indicates a zero balance due. Any expenses that are not fully paid for in advance can be submitted once the student returns from travel (within 30 days). Students submit their documentation to their home program for approval and electronic processing of the reimbursement request to charge EN460968. Documents must meet the following guidelines:
- All reimbursements require proof of presentation at the conference or a research summary for research travel. Acceptable proof of presentation at a conference can be an official letter of invitation to present at the conference or a program from the conference with the student’s name and presentation title listed.
- Per diem meals are allowed for reimbursement.
- Approved application form with all required signatures.
- Travel receipts: All receipts must show proof of payment. Itineraries from the airline are not sufficient; be sure to print the payment receipts before exiting the airline web site. NOTE: International receipts must include currency converter printouts showing the conversion to USD on the date of the transaction.
- A one page summary of research outcomes.
- Completed travel reimbursement requests should be submitted no later than 30 days after completion of travel; those submitted after 45 days will not be reimbursed.