We invite you to explore the family resources listed here, especially the Parent Guide to Providence and Beyond . Enjoy your adventures!
- Kido Info: A parents guide to Providence and beyond, is an amazing and up-to-date Providence-based weblog (and message board) that is broken down into different categories, with links to playgrounds, parks, libraries, museums, events, etc. This website is truly a wealth of information to find a story hour or child yoga classes. Be sure to check out the deals section for free or inexpensive activities!
- Check out Quahog.org, a website about RI where you will find a list of local events, learn about curiosities of RI, and discover what makes Rhode Island, well, Rhode Island.
- This Local food guide to Rhode Island has links to community gardens, farmers market, farms, events - RI Farm Fresh
- If you like the arts, then check out Gallery Night Providence, a free, fun-filled introduction to the exciting art scene in Providence!
- Waterfire Providence is an award-winning sculpture by Barnaby Evans, installed on the three rivers of downtown Providence. It is a powerful work of art and a powerful symbol of Providence's renaissance.
- Mystic Aquarium in Mystic CT is only 50 minutes south by car. Exhibits include Beluga whales, a ray/starfish touch tank, and a wonderful sea lion show.
- Roger Williams Park is a large (400+ acre) urban park located at the south end of Providence, containing a Botanical Center, Roger Williams Zoo, a Carousel, and the Hasbro Boundless Playground, which has handicapped accessible equipment. The Carousel and Botanical Center are good wintertime activities. The zoo is open all winter so throw on those gloves and avoid the crowds.
Back to Family Resources home page.