January 26, 2018
Dear Graduate Students:
As you begin the semester, I write to highlight upcoming events, opportunities, and application deadlines. Please watch for and read the Graduate School e-newsletter in early February. We use the e-newsletter to communicate news, student achievements, and opportunities.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Brown/Wheaton Faculty Fellowship application deadline: January 30
- Deans' Faculty Fellowships program nominations and student applications: January 30
- Applications for Interdisciplinary Opportunities (for advanced students in the Humanities and Social Sciences) are due to the Graduate School: January 30
- Open Graduate Education application deadline: February 9
- Academy in Context dinner-seminar “Approaches to Studying Race and Health” on February 28. Registration will open next week.
- Brown-Tougaloo Partnership Faculty Fellows Program application deadline (to teach during the fall semester): February 15
- Joukowsky Summer Research Award deadline: February 28
- Deadline for rising sixth-year students in the Humanities and Social Sciences to submit Dissertation Completion Proposals to their programs: February 26
Commencement Steps and Deadlines (for those who intend to complete this May)
- Application to Graduate, including registration to attend Commencement: now through May 1
- External honors and awards form (for inclusion in Commencement program): now through May 1
- Dissertation submission deadline: May 1
- Regalia order: opening February 5. A late fee is charged for orders placed after April 15.
Additional important dates and deadlines can be seen here.
Best wishes for a successful semester!
Andrew G. Campbell
Dean of the Graduate School
Professor of Medical Science
Molecular Microbiology & Immunology