The Cogut Institute for the Humanities announces a fellowship opportunity for students participating in or planning to participate in the new Graduate Certificate Program in Collaborative Humanities. This unique and intensive program, which can be completed during the course of one’s regular doctoral study, promotes interactive forms of cross-disciplinary work and project-development support. A full description of the program and a list of current Mellon Graduate Fellows in Collaborative Humanities are available.
We will be awarding up to nine Mellon Graduate Fellowships in Collaborative Humanities for the 2018–2019 academic year, which will relieve students in the program from all teaching duties in their home department and allow students otherwise scheduled for a fellowship year to bank a year of fellowship. In addition to the stipend, the fellowship covers tuition, the health services fee, and health and dental insurance. It also includes a $1000 research and travel award.
Students currently in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year of their doctoral program may apply for the fellowship. You may apply whether or not you have started the sequence of collaborative seminars. Students hold the fellowship in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of their doctoral program.
Applications open on December 6, 2017 and close on March 7, 2018. To apply, please submit:
1) an electronic application form;
2) a 1-2 page single-spaced statement explaining why the Collaborative Humanities program is important to your academic and professional goals and outlining your proposed schedule for completing the program (a list of courses offered in 2018–2019 is available our website);
3) a CV, including a list of all PhD coursework to date;
4) a writing sample of 10-25 pages;
5) a letter of recommendation from a faculty member in your PhD program, ideally your primary advisor;
6) a brief letter from your departmental Director of Graduate Studies stating that you are in good standing and that the department supports your participation in the program.
Apply here! Submit the application form and upload your statement, CV, and writing sample. You must be logged into your Brown email account to access the form.
Letters of support must be emailed directly by the faculty member and Director of Graduate Studies to email@example.com.
Applications are reviewed by the governing board of the Cogut Institute. Awards will be announced early April 2018.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.