The Institute at Brown for Environment and Society has partnered with five Rhode Island environmental organizations to offer paid summer internship experiences for Brown University students. These awards allow students to explore career options and engage in experiential learning activities outside of the classroom. Please note - IBES will provide students with a stipend in place of a salary paid by the organization.
7 Dedicated Internships for 2019
- Audubon Society of Rhode Island - 1 opening
- City of Providence Office of Sustainability - 1 opening
- Grow Smart Rhode Island - 1 opening
- Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management - 2 openings
- The Nature Conservancy of Rhode Island - 2 openings ($500 housing allowance provided)
- $4,000 stipend (some positions also provide a housing or travel allowance)
- $3,200 Department Summer Earnings Waiver (DSEW) awards for students who qualify
Applications may be submitted through Handshake beginning January 29, 2019.
Application Due Date: Tuesday, February 19, 2019.