Fellowship and Financial Coordinator
Reporting to the Associate Librarian, the Fellowship and Financial Assistant provides financial and administrative support to the John Carter Brown Library, including financial transaction processing, general administrative services for the Library, and office management. The position approves bills and invoices, processes supply orders and facility service requests, prepares Library acquisition paperwork, reconciles accounts, and performs similar duties. This post will also be responsible for providing logistical, administrative, and financial support for the Fellowship program. Finally, the incumbent will perform a variety of administrative office duties, including mailings and correspondence, greeting visitors and answering telephones. The incumbent may also assist in staffing events, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of related office support experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills; ability to organize, prioritize and follow through on multiple-deadlines; demonstrated aptitude in letter-writing and written and oral communication
- Experience and/or competence in financial and accounting matters highly desirable, if not essential.
- Strong analytical and spreadsheet skills highly desirable, if not essential.
- Experience in an academic setting preferable, and interest in working on behalf of an institution dedicated to the humanities highly desirable.
- Quick learner who is accountable, resourceful, and capable of changing tasks quickly and efficiently.
- A reliable team player with strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check and education verification.