Letters of Intent due on November 1, 2019 - International_LOI_Winter_2020.doc
Full proposals from applicants with accepted LOIs are due on January 10, 2020 -
- Applications Instructions and Guidelines - International_Overview and Instructions.pdf
- Application form (template) - International_Application Forms_2020.doc
The CFAR International Developmental Research Program offers initial and pilot awards to investigators in Kenya, Philippines, South Africa, Ukraine, Russia, and Uganda. Each of these focus countries offer an existing academic affiliation with either Brown or Boston University at the following institutions:
- Kenya – Moi University & Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
- Philippines – University of Philippines
- Russia - First Pavlov State Medical University of St. Petersburg
- South Africa - University of Cape Town, South African Medical Research Council, Stellenbosch University, and the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS)
- Uganda - Makerere University
- Ukraine - Ukrainian Institute on Public Health Policy (UIPHP), Kyiv, and Bogomolets National Medical University, Kyiv
Applications are accepted for International Developmental Awards and provides support for two types of projects:
INITIAL AIDS RESEARCH PROJECTS
Eligible candidates are international basic or clinical investigators who do not have previous or current independent NIH research support, or equivalent foundation research support. The major goal is to provide support for international junior investigators to carry out mentored research that will provide the background for an NIH or other International Agency (USAID, UNAIDS, WHO, etc) application for HIV/AIDS funding.
Eligible candidates are international basic or clinical investigators who may have funding in other disciplines funded by NIH or other International Agencies, but are new to HIV/AIDS research. The major goal is to provide support to foster interdisciplinary AIDS-related research among our international researchers and their institutions.