- I-9 - All student employees are required to complete an I-9 form before they start working. To do so, please visit:
- University Human Resources
164 Angell Street, 3rd Floor
List of acceptable documents to bring with you
- Please retain the pink copy of the I-9 paperwork for I-9 verification
- You are not allowed to start working until your I-9 has been completed and you are properly set up on Workday. Your hiring manager will notify you when you have been approved to begin working.
- Submit Time - all student employees are required to submit the hours worked on a weekly basis. Hours must be submitted by end of day Friday. Instructions for entering time in Workday.
- If you are currently being paid via a monthly stipend from the graduate school, and will be working at the medical school, please let your hiring manager know this information as you will be on a different payroll cycle.
- If you are on any type of Leave of Absence you will not be eligible to work as a student employee for the Medical School.
Step 1: Student position(s) must be created in Workday
- Hiring department is responsible for providing the position title, number of required positions, cost center and hourly rate to Sandra Adams.
- Submit this information via the Student Position Request Form or via an Excel spreadsheet.
Step 2: Student must complete an I-9 at University Human Resources
- Each department's administrative assistant or financial coordinator is responsible for verifying the I-9 is complete for the student worker before they are entered into Workday.
- All hiring departments (administrative assistant/financial coordinator) must request access to view the completed I-9 list on the student employment website.
Step 3: Once the I-9 is complete and verified by the department's administrative assistant or financial coordinator, the student's name and title/position are given to Sandra Adams.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing of a student hire in Workday.
Step 4: Hiring department will be notified by Sandra Adams that the student is all set to begin work.