For Applicants - How to Apply
The Kent Hospital Residency Programs participate in the National Matching Services (Natmatch) and the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Applications are accepted from graduates of approved medical schools through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
Application Requirements and Deadlines
- COMLEX or USLME scores (Step 1 and 2, when available).
- Dean's letter and transcript.
- Personal statement.
- At least 3 letters of recommendation from faculty members you have worked with (1 from the specific discipline in which you are applying).
We cannot guarantee review of international graduate applications unless the following criteria have been met:
- USMLE Step 1 & 2 scores >225.
- U.S. Clinical Experience with references.
- Medical school graduation date less than 3 years prior to submission of application.
- Applicant J1 visa accepted.
The interview process takes approximately six hours and includes interviews with faculty, residents, and a hospital tour.