News and Awards
Congrats to our 2020 & 2021 graduating students!
Dr. Braden C. Fleming wins the 2020 OREF Clinical Research Award of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons!
Read the press release here.
Dr. Jillian Beveridge wins the 2020 JOR Early Career Award at the 2020 ORS meeting!
Read her paper here.
Congrats to our 2019 graduating students!
The Journal of Orthopaedic Research Editors's Pick Article!
Magnetic resonance measurements of tissue quantity and quality using T2* relaxometry predict temporal changes in the biomechanical properties of the healing ACL
Jillian E. Beveridge, Jason T. Machan, Edward G. Walsh, Ata M. Kiapour, Naga Padmini Karamchedu, Kaitlyn E. Chin, Benedikt L. Proffen, Jakob T. Sieker, Martha M. Murray, Braden C. Fleming. JOR Volume 36, Issue 6, pages 1701 - 1709, June, 2018
Prof. Crisco wins the inaugural 2017 Goel Award For Translational Research in Biomechanics from the American Society for Biomechanics.
Read the article here.
Prof. Crisco and Dr. Wolfe win the 2017 Kappa Delta Award - the most prestigious award in orthopedics!
Read the article here. Read about the Kappa Delta awards here.
More Lab News and Awards ...
- 2014: Nicolas Andry Award, The Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons. "The Puzzle of the Thumb - Mobility, Stability, and Demands in Opposition." Amy Ladd, Joseph J. Crisco, Elisabet Hagert, Jessica Rose, and Arnold-Peter Weiss.
- 2014: ACL Research Highlighted in Stephen Hawkings Science of the Future, Designer Humans - Episode 5 of 6, National Geographic Channel, June 15, 2014
- 2013: Awarded "1st International Thumb Osteoarthritis Workshop (ITOW)". NIH/NIAMS
- 2013: Cabaud Research Award, American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine.
- 2013: Award-Winning Research May Make ACL Healing Without Reconstruction Possible. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- 2013: Awarded "Thumb CMC Biomechanics and Early OA Progression". NIH/NIAMS.
- 2015: "Brain trauma research, care abounds at Brown". News from Brown, Dec. 23, 2015.
- 2014: "WHACK! Study measures head blows in girls' lacrosse". News from Brown, Dec. 1, 2014.
- 2013: "Biomechanics: Taking a whack at research". News and Events, Brown University
- 2013: "Ahead of the Game". Brown Medicine, Vol 19(3), Fall 2013
- 2013: "For young players, light bats don’t hit too fast". Brown University.
- 2013: "Study finds non-wood bats don't propel the ball at dangerous speeds". Consumer Affairs.
- 2013: Football Helmet Research Aimed at Reducing Concussion Injury. Orthopaedic Research Society News.
- 2012: Q&A with US Lacrosse. US Lacrosse.
- 2012: Helmet study for girls lacrosse. Brown Engineering News.
- 2007: The $1,000 Football Helmet. Time Magazine, Best Inventions of 2007 (Invented by J.J. Crisco and R.M. Greenwald).
Toy Controllers for Rehabilitation
- 2015: "Next level in therapeutic gaming", Providence Business News, Feb. 2, 2015
- 2013: Awarded "Motion-Specific Toy Controllers for Upper Extremity Rehabilitation in Children". NIH/NICHD
- 2009: Toys and Technology for Rehabilitation in Cerebral Palsy Patients. Science Daily.
- 2009: Student-designed toys help kids with motor disorders. Brown Daily Herald.