How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Brown's Urology Residency Program. Our program participates in the American Urological Association Match. All applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
We use a variety of factors to make our rank list. A group of faculty and residents together review applications with particular focus on:
- academic performance in medical school and the USMLE Step 1 score
- extracurricular (medical and non-medical) activities
- research endeavors
The Division of Urology Residency program matches two first-year residents (PGY-1s). All applications are handled through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Personal statement
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE Scores (Step 1 at the time of application and Step 2, if available before November 1st)
- 3 letters of recommendation, a Chairman's letter is not required.
The deadline for submitting application material in (ERAS) is October 25, 2020. Any application submitted after this date will not be considered.
Due to COVID the ERAS 2021 timeline has changed and will now open on October 21, 2020
Interview Dates: Saturday, December 5, 2020 and Wednesday, December 9, 2020
* An optional “Welcome Reception” will be held the night prior to your interviews. The residents set up a venue with appetizers and refreshments. You get to mingle, asked questions with the residents, NPs and other candidates.
We typically hold two interview days every year, with each day split into two groups – a morning and an afternoon group. As much as the day is for us to interview you, we hope that you get a good sense for our program, residents, faculty and facilities as well.
There will be a presentation on the program to start off the interview day, followed by roughly 15-20 minute interview session with faculty and residents. Interspersed with the interviews will be guided hospital tours of Rhode Island Hospital and Women and Infant's Hospital. The residents have the entire day off from clinical duties and will be available to answer any questions – so be sure to meet them to get an idea of who we are!
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email our Residency Coordinator, Carol Simmons at [email protected]