Certificate in Medical Science Admissions
The certificate program may be right for you if you:
- have completed, or are on track to complete, an undergraduate degree at a US college or university;
- have demonstrated professional promise for a career in medicine or other healthcare professions, through such things as: strong undergraduate performance (3.0 GPA minimum), competitive MCAT score or DAT score, community service, health-related experiences, or research.
All applicants must submit the following materials:
- Application via CollegeNET (ApplyWeb)
- Official MCAT scores (preferred within the last 2 years, January 2017 onward, see FAQ for submission instructions) OR official DAT score (preferred within the last 2 years)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- College transcript
- Application fee $100 (non-refundable)
*NOTE: MCAT REQUIREMENT WAIVED FOR APPLICANTS AFFECTED BY THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC - Due to the recent pandemic related cancellation of MCAT test dates, we are waiving this requirement for applicants whose test dates have been cancelled during this period. Please contact [email protected] for further instructions.
Applicants are admitted on a rolling basis, but class size is limited—early submission is recommended. We will start reviewing completed applications starting in mid January, so invitations to interview will start going out soon thereafter. We encourage you to complete your application in a timely manner, so that it is ready for review.
The deadline for applications is June 1.
Select applicants will be invited by email to an interview.
Interviews are conducted in person or via Zoom.
Interviewees will be notified of admissions decisions on a rolling basis.
If admitted: early in the application season, applicants will be given two weeks from the date of acceptance to accept their seat; later in the application season they will be given one week to accept their seat.
In addition to the reply form, a $500, non-refundable deposit must be paid to secure your seat.