ScM in Medical Sciences Admission
The ScM program may be right for you if you:
- have completed, or are on track to complete, an undergraduate degree from a US college or university;
- have demonstrated professional promise for a career in medicine, through such things as: strong undergraduate performance (3.0 GPA, minimum), competitive MCAT score or DAT score, community service, health-related experiences, or research;
- have completed premedical course requirements;
- demonstrate an interest in caring for diverse populations.
All applicants must submit the following materials:
- Application via CollegeNET (ApplyWeb)
- Official MCAT scores (preferred within the last 2 years, January 2016 onward, see FAQ for submission instructions) OR DAT scores (preferred within the last 2 years)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- A personal statement, plus one brief supplemental essay
- Curriculum vitae
- College transcript
- Application fee $100 (non-refundable)
Applicants are admitted on a rolling basis, but class size is limited—early submission is recommended. We will begin reviewing completed applications in January, so invitations to interview will start going out soon therefter. We encourage you to complete your application in a timely manner, so that it is ready for review.
The deadline for applications is June 1, 2018.
Select applicants will be invited by email to an interview.
Interviews are conducted in person or via Skype.
Interviewees will be notified of admissions decisions on a rolling basis.
If admitted: early in the application season applicants will be given 3 weeks from the date of acceptance to accept their seat; later in the application season they will be given 2 weeks to accept or decline their seat.
In addition to the reply form, a $500, non-refundable deposit (check made payable to Brown University) must be paid to secure your seat. You will receive specific instructions upon decision.