Applying for Financial Aid

Please Upload Application Documents into Self-Service Banner (SSB):  To be considered for federal or institutional funding, please apply through our secured SSB system.  Details provided on Navigating SSB webpage. 

April 1, 2016 Deadline for AMS need-based scholarship and loan funding consideration.  Late filers may be waitlisted for institutional aid.    

Federal Aid

  If you wish to apply for federal loans only, please submit the following:

E-file tax returns at least two weeks prior to submitting FAFSA to ensure tax information is processed by the IRS in time to be retrieved electronically into FAFSA via the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT). AMS students are not required to provide parent information on the FAFSA for the 2016-2017 year.  Parental information is mandatory on the FAFSA beginning with the 2017-2018 academic year.

 The Federal PIN access process has been replaced with the new FSA ID Process.  If you haven't already created your FSA user ID, you'll need to do so in order to complete the  FAFSA on the Web.  You'll also use your FSA ID to log into, National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) Student Accessand forms.   Use this link for instructions on How to Create a FSA ID.

Institutional Aid 

If you wish to apply for institutional aid as well as federal loans, please upload the following separately:

  • FAFSA electronically downloaded on your behalf. 
  • 2016-2017 Need Access Form which includes siblings in college.  Separate logins for student, custodial and non-custodial parent data.  Electronically submitted on your behalf.
  • Alpert Medical School Financial Aid Application
  • 2015 Student federal tax return signed and complete with schedules or Student Non-Filer Form (if student not required to file tax return.  Make sure $0 is entered if no earnings.)
  • 2015 Student W2s, 1099 form(s) and if applicable, spousal forms. 
  • 2015 Parental federal tax returns and schedules signed or Parent Non-Filer Form (if one or both parents not required to file tax return.)  State tax returns not required.
  • 2015 Parental W-2s and 1099 form(s) [must be uploaded separately from tax return(s)]

*Please note: If parents plan to request a tax extension, we require the following forms by the April 1 deadline:

  • Copy of tax extension form
  • 2014 parental federal tax returns, tax schedules, and W-2 forms
  • 2015 W-2 forms (2015 tax returns need to be submitted upon completion).

Please review our FINANCIAL AID GUIDE and FINANCIAL OVERVIEW FOR NEW STUDENTS documents to assist in the financial aid process.