2016-2017 Federal Aid
If you wish to apply for federal loans only, please submit:
2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically downloaded on your behalf.
E-file tax returns at least two weeks prior to submitting FAFSA to ensure tax information is processed by the IRS in time to be retrieved electronically into FAFSA via the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT). AMS students are not required to provide parent information on the FAFSA for the 2016-2017 year. Parental information is mandatory on the FAFSA beginning with the 2017-2018 academic year.
2016-2017 Institutional Aid
If you wish to apply for institutional aid as well as federal loans, please upload the following separately:
- FAFSA electronically downloaded on your behalf. We will need you, your spouse's and your parents' information on the FAFSA beginning October 1, 2016. We are no longer using Need Access for parent information.
- Alpert Medical School Financial Aid Application
- 2015 Student federal tax return signed and complete with schedules or Student Non-Filer Form (if student not required to file tax return. Make sure $0 is entered if no earnings.)
- 2015 Student W2s, 1099 form(s) and if applicable, spousal forms.
- 2015 Parental federal tax returns and schedules signed or Parent Non-Filer Form (if one or both parents not required to file tax return.) State tax returns not required.
- 2015 Parental W-2s and 1099 form(s) [must be uploaded separately from tax return(s)]
*Please note: If parents plan to request a tax extension, we require the following forms by the April 1 deadline:
- Copy of tax extension form
- 2014 parental federal tax returns, tax schedules, and W-2 forms
- 2015 W-2 forms (2015 tax returns need to be submitted upon completion).