Iberia"All events are held at the Annmary Brown Memorial (21 Brown Street) at 5:30 PM and free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
The Rhode Island Medieval Circle Lectures
- Thur., Sept. 29 - Lester Little (Smith College,) "The Wine Porters of Northern Italy: Reconstructing the History of a Forgotten Trade and its Patron Saint"
- Thur., Oct. 27 – Robert D. Fulk (Indiana University Bloomington,) Germanic (especially Old English and Old Icelandic) and Celtic languages and literatures, the history of the English language, and comparative Indo-European linguistics)
- Mon., Nov. 14 - Cord Whitaker (Assistant Prof. of English at Wellesley College; race in Middle English)
- Thur., Dec. 1 - Maria Doerfler (Yale University; crisis, emotional communities, infant death. She works with both eastern and western Mediterranean sources)
- Thur., Feb. 23 -Anders Winroth (Yale University, Canon law, Gratian's Decretum (work that won him a MacArthur Prize), but he has also written more recently on Vikings)
- Thur., March 16 - Lillian von der Walde Moheno (Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, Itzlapalapa, México, 15th cent. Spanish lit., Sentimental Fiction, Celestina)
- Thur., April 20 -Vasilis Marinis (Yale University; Byzantine art history and architecture)
MEDIEVAL AND EARLY MODERN HISTORY SEMINAR (with department of History)