Resources for undergraduates
Students are encouraged to visit faculty and TAs during office hours, to attend problem sessions, and to access other departmental resources for learning, whether or not they are experiencing any academic difficulty.
Brown's Dean of the College office provides academic support that supplements the support provided by course instructors. That office, along with the Office of Student Life, provides an array of support services; please see https://www.brown.edu/academics/college/support/ and https://www.brown.edu/about/administration/student-life/ for information.
Students needing help with writing and English language learning will find robust support in Brown's Writing Center, which offers one-on-one conferences as well as workshops on writing and communicating in English. Individual support is available for all students at Brown. To contact the Brown Writing Center, please see https://www.brown.edu/academics/college/support/writing/.
Brown University is committed to full inclusion of all students. Please inform your instructors if there are conditions that might require accommodations or modification of course procedures for you. For more information, please contact Student and Employee Accessibility Services at 401-863-9588 or [email protected].
The Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion works to promote a diverse and inclusive community at Brown. If you have any concerns about these issues or would like to know about their resources, please see https://www.brown.edu/about/administration/institutional-diversity/resources-initiatives. If you have concerns about sexual and gender-based discrimination, harassment, and/or violence, please contact Brown's Title IX office; see https://www.brown.edu/about/administration/title-ix/.
Click on the links below to learn more about the services that will help you achieve your academic goals.
- Academic Support Services
- Curricular Resource Center
- Dean of the College
- Departmental Undergraduate Groups (DUGs)
- Multimedia labs
- Office of International Programs
- Peer Advising
- Science Center
- Writing Center
Diversity Centers, Programs, and Resources:
- ALANA Mentoring Program for African American, Latino, Asian/Asian American, and Native American students
- LGBTQ Center
- Minority Peer Counseling Program
- Office of the Chaplains and Religious Life
- Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion
- Office of Student Veterans and Commissioning Programs
- Resumed Undergraduate Education Program
- Sarah Doyle Women's Center
- Student and Employee Accessibility Services
- Title X and Gender Equity
- Transfer Students
- Third World Transition Program
International Student Advising and Support:
- International Mentoring Program
- International Students Resources
- Office of International Student and Scholar Services
Health and Wellness:
- Brown Health Services
- B Well Health Promotion
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Medical Leaves
- Substance Abuse
- Sexual Harassment & Assault Resources & Education Advocates
- Sexual Assault, Harassment, Relationship Violence Resources