Brown University Chorus
L. Frederick Jodry, Director
The Brown University Chorus is a great way to meet a wide range of undergraduate and graduate students, while working toward a high artistic goal of beautiful singing. For dedicated singers, regular required attendance at rehearsals and sectionals and frequent performance opportunities, and social gatherings guarantee a rewarding experience.
The Chorus may be taken for credit (one half credit per semester).
Register for MUSC0600 (FALL) - MUSC0601 (SPRING)
1) The audition consists of singing simple scales and warm-ups and a prepared song, aria, or ditty of your choosing (a Christmas carol, patriotic song, hymn, madrigal --anything you know well). An accompanist will be provided.
2) Ear-training: repeating simple melodies, intervals and a brief excerpt for sight-singing.
3) Voice size, tone, vowel clarity, pitch and general musicianship will be considered! Enthusiasm and confidence help too. Preference is given to those with prior choral or vocal experience. Bring a brief resume of your vocal and/choral experience
4) Returning singers are required to re-audition each year.*
RETURNING SINGERS: If possible, please stop by the lawn behind Orwig on Sunday, September 9 between 3:00-5:00pm to meet your chorus pals, and have a quick re-audition. If you cannot attend this group audition, please sign up using the link below.
Click the link above to sign up. Use the tabs along the bottom of each sheet to navigate to the different audition dates. New members: you are encouraged to come by and audition as early as possible.
- Wed, Sept 5, 5:00-6:30pm
- Thurs, Sept 6, 7:00-8:30pm
- Fri, Sept 7, 11:00am-1:00pm & 4:00-5:00pm
- Mon, Sept 10, 5:00-6:00pm
CALLBACKS will be held in Steinert Choral Room on Wednesday Sept 12th
Sops at 6:30 | Altos at 7:15 | Tenors at 8:00 | Basses at 8:30
Auditions for the Brown Chorus will be held between in Professor Fred Jodry's office, Orwig Room 305, at the start of the semester. The Orwig Music Building is located at corner of Hope St. and Young Orchard Ave.
Mondays & Wednesdays, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Steinert Rm. 105
Sectionals twice a month, 8:30-9:00 p.m. Steinert Rm. 105